Quote of the Day
The Vedanta recognizes no sin it only recognizes error. And the greatest error, says the Vedanta is to say that you are weak, that you are a sinner, a miserable creature, and that you have no power and you cannot do this and that. ~ Swami Vivekananda
Facilities provided by the library
- Open access – Readers can consult their required books from the shelves independently.
- Internet – Users can surf the Internet to access e-resources and download materials from the Internet.
- Career Guidance - Books & journals relating to different competitive examinations are available for reference.
- Current Awareness – The newly added books and journals are displayed for the convenience of students and faculty members.
- Reprography – The reprographic facilities are available for the students and faculty members for library documents/books only. Photocopy of class notes and personal books is prohibited.
- Book display - The Library displays books related to specific themes.
- Linkage with other library - The Library has an institutional membership in the American Library.
- Gender Resource Corner - There is a separate space to display books, journals and other research compilations related to gender issues.
- OPAC - Web OPAC searching facility through Koha has already been introduced.
- Research & Resource Centre - The Library has an exclusive collection of Ramakrishna Vedanta Literature. It has a Research & Resource Centre on “The Woman Missionaries of the Ramakrishna orders” which provides readers with related books, journals, e-resources and archival materials.